Fluorotherm's current line of fluoropolymer rods consists of PTFE structural rods. PTFE is largely used for machined products for bearings, washers, gaskets, valve seats, gears and many other similar applications.
This is the original fluoropolymer. Great in a wide range of applications from electrical wire insulators, fluid flow tubing, medical devices, automotive, and hot and cryogenic (-320 F) uses.
- Very low gas permeability and non-flammable
- High dimensional stability under thermal cycling
- Chemical properties similar to PCTFE, PFA and FEP
- Great for machined product applications
- Performs within a wide temperature range